Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Embracing the Holidays.....

This year, things have settled down quite a bit in my world and I am wholeheartedly embracing the holidays with crafting, baking and a generally good attitude (just a little road-rage around the malls, and a bit of a bad attitude in the crowded grocery stores – but no one has gotten hurt – so far!)

I started the holiday season off early with my first batch of Peppermint Bark – especially made for one of the hubs’ golf buddies…..

I also discovered an AMAZING crafty swap hostess from Louisiana named Val – her blog is she crochets, does mosaics and is just an all around crafty Goddess!  I found myself her swap partner in a Vintage Halloween Swap – and was simply blown away by the package I received from her.

After that experience, I eagerly joined her annual “Handmade Christmas Ornament Swap”.   Simply create 5 handmade ornaments, send them to Val, and you will receive 5 handmade ornaments in return from a variety of different crafters using an amazing array of mediums.    

I created these ornaments for my contribution to the swap:

And what I received in return was nothing short of amazing!  

Thanks for stopping by - check back soon - I will be posting my Peppermint Bark recipe!

Reel Girl


Tiffany Sonny said...

dude wholly nice on the ornaments!!! Fellow writer will follow your blog if you will promote your posts on Facebook to make sure I see rss fee link here;) TS (former GF of Andrew)

Yarni Gras! said...

the ornies you sent were amazing! Thanks for the sweet compliment...hope to see more of your own craftiness in 2013!

Suzanne said...

I agree with Tiffany, please post your updates on Facebook. The ornaments are beautiful and that bark looks delicious! Nice to see you blogging again! :-)

Yarni Gras! said...

love those ornies! I know it is a bit early but I'm just popping by to wish you and your family a VERY Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and to thank you for visiting me and my little blog in Louisiana.

Stacey said...

Hello Reel Girl! I received one of your ornaments from Val's Swap. It is by far my most favorite Ornament. I have a thing for paper.... Thank you!
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Liz said...

Ahhh Look you blogged again.
it was so good to see you.
We definetly can't let it be
that long.....