Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Altered Recipe Card with a FABULOUS breakfast casserole!

 Hello and welcome.  Shelly with you today, sharing an altered recipe card.


My niece recently got married.  For her bridal shower, guests were asked to fill out a provided recipe card for the bride - I decided to go a little above and beyond a simple handwritten recipe (and now she wants me to do all her recipe cards - lol!)

Gather Your Supplies:

Make It:  

  • Cover front and back of card with patterned paper and cardstock (I used white cardstock on the back)
  • Optional - a little machine stitching


  • Next, either hand write or use computer to type up your recipe
  • Add machine stitching if desired, ink edges
  • Add recipe title with alpha stickers
  • Add cardstock sticker using dimensional foam tape for dimension (I used the Perfect Crafting Pouch to "deactivate" sticker first to make it easier to work with)
  • I added an Index Sticker from the paper collection to the top of card - I used a small piece of cardstock cut from the branding strip of my patterned paper to cover a word on the index sticker that did not apply to my recipe

No project is complete without adding Dew Drops as the finishing touch - they add color, dimension and just a bit magic


And finally, since this was a gift, I signed & added a sticker to the back of the card.

Thanks for stopping by the blog today - have a creative week!

Shelly







No comments: