Sunday, November 1, 2020

How to Make Easy Scrapbook Embellishments from Product Packaging

 I LOVE good product packaging.  In fact, I have been known to buy things based SOLELY on good packaging.

So today, I show you how to make your favorite product packaging into fun, funky (and CHEAP) scrapbook and card embellishments!

Supplies:
Let’s get started….

I recently purchased some perfume with the most amazing box (and don’t get me started on the bottle design!)

  • I started by cutting out all of the elements I wanted to use from the box.

  • Ink the edges – use same color as design or brown / black for contrast – whichever calls to your design aesthetic
  • Next I added some “bling” to some of the pieces, using Tiny Embellishments
  • Rub some BGE on your piece….. Sprinkle … tap ….. let dry
  • Finally I adhered pieces of corrugated cardboard with Best Glue Ever (and the No Clog Writing Cap!) to the back of my pieces (thank you, Penny Arnold for such a great tip!) so that they will be dimensional when  added  to cards and layouts.

  • To finish, place your new embellishments on a piece of scrap cardstock and cover with plastic wrap to hold in place.

Now you have some amazing, one-of-a-kind embellishments to add to cards and layouts!

Thanks for stopping by the blog today!

Shelly

No comments: